Ladyfest Bristol 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ladyfest Bristol 2007

Ladyfest Bristol: 27 Aug - 2 Sep 2007

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ladyfest Question Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannah

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Ladyfest Question Time Empty
PostSubject: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 1:36 am

Dr. Judith Squires (Head of Politics department at Bristol Uni/feminist theorist and Dr. Sarah Childs (Senior Lecturer on women's political participation and representation) have offered to do this for free. On Facebook we've discussed having a mix of people on the panel so we might not want to have two academics in the same sort of field. Since it's 'Ladyfest Question Time' we should have someone involved in Ladyfest (this one or the last one or both?) on th panel.

We talked about having someone to speak about Women in Islam, I know Anna knows people from local Muslim groups so maybe she could find someone to do that?

I think Liz has someone in mind from UWE to talk about feminist psychology.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gaptoothmusic
sal

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:31 pm

hi hannah - this sounds amazing! still waiting to hear back from my uni contact... but perhaps i wont ask her to get involved in this as she is very academic (like you say)...

i could ask if she knows of anyone else (non-academic) who might like to get involved??

what kind of questions will there be? will there be a theme? if i know a little bit more about it, i could try and rinse some of my feminist contacts...

i know a woman who works with women refugees in bristol, i think she is somalian..
xxx
Back to top Go down
Hannah

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Well, we figured the Question Time will be quite open, the sort of event where people who don't know much about Ladyfest or feminist can come along and ask questions about it - any kind really, what are feminists arguing for, how will Ladyfest help with this etc. Then we hope to have a feminist theory workshop which is a little more in depth.

So we figured 4 panelists would be good for this event.

1. Political - feminist theory. Judith or Sarah from Bristol Uni.

2. Psychology - feminist psychologist from UWE.

3. A Muslim woman or someone who can speak about women in Islam.

4. A Ladyfest veteran.

Do you think this makes sense?

The Feminist Archive South who are based on Stapleton Road are interested in doing something around feminist history so that and the feminist theory will be separate events I think, and I have also been talking to Sal about running a separate workshop about women in Islam.

This Somalian lady sounds interesting, obviously there are a lot of refugees in Bristol and a lot of them from Somalia, so it would be really great to do something around that. Would you be able to speak to her and see if she has any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Liz P

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am

I can contact Helen Malson and or Victoria Clarke at Uni as they work in my dept but need the details of QT to pass on. I'm sure one will do it if they're free.
Back to top Go down
Hannah

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:15 pm

Dr. Sarah Childs has been confirmed as a panellist for this event.

Sarah is a Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of Bristol. Her research centres on the relationships between sex, gender and politics. It is concerned with the question of what difference women's political presence makes both in theory and in practice. In particular, it examines British women MPs' attitudes and behaviours, and Sarah has written extensively on the impact of women's political representation since 1997, especially Labour's record number of women MPs.
Current research projects include: the feminisation of British political parties and the political agenda; women's political recruitment to the House of Commons at the 2005 General Election; and women, politics and the media. Sarah and colleagues recently secured funding from the Leverhulme Foundation to undertake research into the gendering of parliamentary ceremonies.
Back to top Go down
styleesy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Now in our online store have offer all new style Louis Vuitton 2010 sneakers and have make a big discount,we offer all kinds newly styles for you to choose from,you can shop Louis Vuitton from here,like Louis Vuitton high top, Louis Vuitton meteor, Louis Vuitton kanye west and Louis Vuitton loafer here,choose one pair for this sport season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.styleesy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladyfest Question Time   Ladyfest Question Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladyfest Question Time
Page 1 of 1