Ladyfest Bristol 2007

Ladyfest Bristol: 27 Aug - 2 Sep 2007

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

launch party speaker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sian

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: launch party speaker   Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Hey

I've been in touch with Jess McCabe from the F-word website about maybe doing the talk at the launch party. I love her site and she's fairly up for it, ifshe can fit it in her schedule. Anyway, im in the process of emailing her back.
Can anyone think of any other feminist illuminaries who may be suitable? We need someone non confrontational, light and interesting. We don't really want a full on lecture on feminist theory, as that is what the workshop is for.
Other launch party news - we need to think of a local act to play. Emily Breeze can't do it, i was thinking of the master chaynjis? there a 2 boy, 1 girl band. folkyness.
We thought of rose, but we really need someone who'll play for free. keep theideascomin!

sian x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jess Ladyfest
Admin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Hmm, I have to confess my knowledge of current feminist speakers isn't too hot so I have no ideas on that front.. But I will do some thinking on the subject!

Have we asked Rose if she'd be interested in playing? Or would she def not do it for free? Theo at Fact Fans is the one lending us the PA for the gig and he deals with all her UK bookings so it may be worth asking?

This is Jess BTW! Forgot to change login..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladyfestbristol.org.uk
sian

PostSubject: launch party, fundraising   Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:31 pm

hey,
think all the ideas about rose have been discussed via email? i emailed jess mccabe yesterday, so she hopefully will get back to us. hannah suggested anat to speak if jess or someone else can't, altho she may demand more money.
im guessing none of the demos are suitable?

other news: sonia is willing to sell merchandise in the boutique on picton street and to be one of the sewing folk at the clothes party. she also said that picton street is randmly one of the only places in the country where you can sell things on the street without a licence, so that might be something to bear in mind.

anyway, hope good weekends have been had by all
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:50 pm

I think the thing to bear in mind with the opening night is that whoever we choose to play/speak etc. it will be seen as a taster of what's to come for the rest of the week and representative of what the festival is about. We should look at the "Vision" we have laid out so far (which hopefully we can finalise at the meeting next week) to decide who would best fit in with this. For the speaker I personally think it would be good to have someone who can talk about Ladyfest in order to give some kind of context to what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/gaptoothmusic
sian

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:49 pm

that's true, might be good to get a ladyfest alumni, the only problem is we don't want question time crossover and we need to find someone who would do a good job of that.
maybe someone from a ladyfest elsewhere?
we also have to be careful that they share the vision - some other fests are more musically based than ours.
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:59 pm

I'll email Ladyfest Europe and Ladyfest Leeds for ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/gaptoothmusic
sian

PostSubject: decision   Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:48 pm

hopefully someone from th fawcett society will come and speak, anna is looking in to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz P

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Think that'd be good if we link them in if we are going to be donating to them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: launch party speaker   

Back to top Go down